Monday 23 January 2012

The Princess, the Pea and a very busy week ahead!



So the children have led me to the Princess and the Pea. It started when they began to build a castle in the construction area and then some of the girls asked if they take the dolls house furniture in there to play princesses. We talked about some stories which had princesses in and following on from our kite making instructions we made castles out of card to support our guided reading. I am all set for Chinese New Year this week - as you know from my last article. However, after reading several traditional tales at story time it is the Princess and the Pea that the children are fascinated by.

So, I am running this alongside Chinese New Year activities. It is going to be a fun packed and very busy week as usual.

Here are my literacy ideas for the Princess and the Pea theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment