Sunday 17 April 2011

I have spent the day looking at other peoples blogs - some of which are boring and some have been quite interesting. This has prompted me to ask myself what exactly do I want my blog 'to do'.
I want this to be a kind of diary really - an insider viewpoint of what it is actually like trying to start up your own freelance EYFS consultancy. I figured that as I actually only took my voluntary redundancy on Friday - it would be a wasted opportunity not to chart my progress.
So for a little change of direction - welcome to my very own learning journey!

Tomorrow is going to be a strange day. I am my own boss. Hmmm. This is a new feeling - no performance management, no targets set by my superiors and no 'having to get up at stupid o'clock'.
For me  - it also means not having to go to bed at a reasonable time, although I am not too good at doing that anyway.

I have written a list of things to do. The first one is go and buy some appropriate stationary (current list is written on a very scrappy piece of paper but hey - it is doing the job!)

I still have some goodbyes to write. I have done a few over the weekend and sent my new contact details to some colleagues I haven't seen in a while. Just writing the message that I have decided to go it alone felt strange in itself.

I think that is going to be one of the hardest things for me after having such a great bunch of people around me. So I have also made a note to my mental self that I must keep all avenues of contact open and build upon my network of people.

I've started tweeting, joined LinkedIn, commented on blog posts I have connected with, changed my email signature to link to my website, started a facebook page, and built my website all in the last week!!

So the playful learning journey continues - it is going to be an interesting ride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment