Wednesday 13 April 2011

Redundancy and the brave new world!

Just 2 more 'sleeps' and I will be a free woman! Well Freelance to be more exact.
I finish my associate deputy headship at school on Thursday and begin as a fully fledged independent EYFS consultant. After working for nearly 10 years for the local authority as a school improvement officer with a fantastic team around me, I know life is going to be very different.

Transition from EYFS to KS1 has been a large part of my focus over the past few years, alongside other related areas like change management in education. Change is both challenging and exciting for children and adults - and I am about to enter a period of great change professionally and personally.

This change is very timely. With public services in turmoil, education budgets being slashed and the coalition reviewing primary and EYFS provision then I am thankful that I will have some time ahead to read, analyse and prepare for this uncertain future.

I am taking a few days off over Easter but then I am fully open for business - http://www.playfullearning.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment